Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Asian Tofu Plate with an Edamame Jade Pesto

It was a crazy morning.

First, I was to have Chana Masala, but the east/west station was having Indian today.
So I changed it to a Thai Tofu Plate, but there were no yakisoba  noodles.
Later on I found out that there actually was yakisoba noodles on hand. One of the other cooks stashed them. This is common jungle survival in a busy kitchen.
So I changed my entree to a Thai Tofu Plate with rice, but then I found there was no coconut milk for the curry sauce.
So I changed the sauce to an Edamame Jade Pesto.
So I changed my entree to an Asian Tofu Plate (nice generic name so I could do pretty much whatever I wanted).
It was a nice dish, but it was never supposed to happen.

PS-quarterly’s are starting up. More on that soon.

Asian Tofu Plate with an Edamame Jade Pesto Sauce
Served with Steamed Broccoli, Brown Rice, Egg Roll, and Roasted Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Edamame

(Edamame Jade Pesto Sauce is caramelized onions, garlic, and ginger with olive oil (this takes about 40 minutes)
with edamame, sherry, soy sauce and cilantro blended in.

I add a little turmeric to the cornstarch before frying to give the tofu a nice look

Topping!

This is a leaf I found on the way home today

No comments:

Post a Comment