Friday, September 30, 2011

Ghost Peppers

I was doing nothing but minding my own business at work when Jake came up to me and asked if I was having Indian food today. I told him I was making Thai. He asked if I would like a half a case of ghost peppers. Sure I told him.


Ghost Peppers are the hottest pepper in the world. Also know as Bhut Jolokia

In the Scoville Rating:
Ghost Peppers: 855,000-1,050,000 (I tried some) (They are Hot) (Really Really Hot) (In fact, the tip of my tongue is still numb after 8 hours and counting)
Habanero: 100,000-580,000
Jalapeno: 2,500-8,000

Ghost Peppers have a numbing affect in the mouth after about 2 minutes. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. They actually have a nice flavor.

nothing like a container of the world hottest pepper

except maybe 14 cases of the worlds hottest pepper
really, 14 cases, Jake
are you trying to kill someone
roasting time
the fumes from the peppers were making everyone in the kitchen cough  

roasted jalapenos, ghost peppers, and birds eye

the warning sign did not slow many people down
almost all gone

Lunch
Grilled Plantain Fritters with Curry Rice, Coconut Daal,
and Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Peanut Sauce
note-I did not put a whole ghost pepper on everyone's plate

1 comment:

  1. Apparently 'ghost' was a mis-translation into English...whoops! Not a bad mistake though, something about 'ghost pepper' makes them seem cooler. Well, hotter I guess.

    ReplyDelete