Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vegan Cooking at MIT, Emmanuel, and Lesley College

What a week I had!
One of the perks of cooking and working for a great company (Bon Appetit) is on occasion you get to travel.
I just spent a week at MIT, Emmanuel College, and Lesley College teaching cooking classes, doing cooking demonstrations, preparing meals to be served to the students, and book signings.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Simmons Hall MIT
I made Jerk Tofu, Vegan Cornbread, Dirty Rice, and Roasted Zucchini for the students.
I also did a cooking demo: (Thai Pineapple Salad and Baba Ganoush)

My new friends at Lesley College
They prepared Pasta Alexander while I did a book signing.

Yolanda making vegan chocolate brownies
at Maseeh Hall, MIT
It's great to walk into any kitchen and
always find soy milk.
It's also great to walk into a kitchen and find a
whole gallon of grade B Organic pure maple syrup!
Breakfast for Dinner at McCormick, MIT
During lunch I handed out over 100 samples of roasted garlic hummus
with pita and Snickerdoodle Cookies
Mini Blueberry Muffins along with WW Sourdough Pancakes, Tofu Scrambler,
and Roasted Red Potatoes were on the menu
Scotty with Thai Tofu at Emmanuel College Boston
Cooking Class at East Campus
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/3q-vegan-chef-healthy-food.html
Zing with vegan lasagna at MIT Maseeh Hall
Zing quote:
"Cooking is not my passion, it is my compassion"
Thanks for the great trip.
I enjoyed meeting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Grade B! And the trumpets sound with joy...
    Thanks for posting pictures! Looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete