Friday, January 20, 2012

Extraterrestrial Vegan Raised Doughnuts

NEW Doughnut!

BBQ Raised Vegan Doughnut with
Strawberry Basil Glaze!

BBQ Raised Vegan Doughnut with
Strawberry Basil Glaze!


BBQ Raised Vegan Doughnut with
Strawberry Basil Glaze!

(I simply put the fully cooked doughnuts on the grill for a few seconds then 
I dipped them in a simple vanilla glaze that I added strawberry jam and fresh basil to.)


NOW THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL VEGAN RAISED DOUGHNUTS

(vegan raised doughnut)
Extraterrestrial Vegan Doughnuts
Rolling out the Extraterrestrial Vegan Doughnuts
I have an Easter egg cookie cutter which makes nice ET heads,
but I did not have it with me this day so I just formed the chin by hand
(vegan raised doughnut)
Letting them rise

(vegan raised doughnut)
This one looks like the sous chef.

(vegan raised doughnut)
I don't like the way they look at me while I fry them

(vegan raised doughnut)
Extraterrestrial Vegan Doughnuts
brushed with vanilla glaze

(vegan raised doughnut)
Still looking at me

(vegan raised doughnut)
Those are "asteroids" in between the doughnuts.

5 comments:

  1. Asteroids look delicious!!

    (p.s. they are still looking at you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian,

    I have a quick question about your Vegan Family Cookbook. I wasn't sure where to ask you. My family of 5 have very recently become vegan. Your book has become my go-to for most of my recipes. I love the variety and simplicity of the recipes. It is absolutely my favorite. My question is about the Morning Pancakes recipe on pg. 114. I wanted to make sure the measurements are accurate. Is it suppose to be 1 Tbs or 1 tsp of baking powder? And 2 Tbs or 2 tsp of vanilla? I really don't know what is needed when you don't use eggs. Or much about vegan baking period. I just wanted to double check.

    Thanks.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does baking soda cancel itself out as well? What is the difference between soda and powder? I love vanilla too and will look for the professional stuff. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, Thanks for the question and the nice comments regarding the cookbook. Use 1 tablespoon baking powder and 2 tablespoons vanilla. Baking powder is specifically formulated to cancel out itself during heating. That way there is no after taste, so I use extra to make sure the pancakes are fluffy. And regarding the vanilla; I like vanilla. You can put in less if you like. Brian

    ReplyDelete