Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Driving in Boston, MA

Driving in Boston

I recently moved to Boston.
I haven't changed, but my cah has developed quite an attitude.

For starts, it has developed a hostility for getting washed.
When we drive by a car wash it veers away and growls.

It now honks at everyone, too.
I tell the car you can't do that.
It says "Yes, I can."
I say "No you can't."
Cah-"Yes I can."
Me-"No you can't."
Cah-"Honk!"
I just gave up. You know what it is like to argue with a Boston car.

My car used to be a real good driver too.
But the other day we were going down the road and without notice my car cuts across two lanes, did a U-turn, cuts across two more lanes and stopped at the side of the road.
I was white as a ghost.
I yelled at my car. "What was that!"
Cah-"I found a parking spot."
Me-"But we are two miles from where we were going!"
Cah-"Yes, but look. 14 minutes left on the meter."

And it is not just my car. All cars with Massachusetts plates have attitude.
The other day I was in my cah at an intersection, that had no less than one thousand streets feeding into it, when someone's car drove right to the middle of the intersection, did a 360, and then just stopped.
The angry driver got out right there, slammed the door, and headed for the Dunkin' Doughnuts. I think he was putting the car on a timeout. Later he came back, got in the car, and drove away. This was really no big deal. I was still waiting at the light.

FYI-Waiting in traffic is not so bad in Boston. Yesterday while I was at a single stop light, I bought my wife some flowers, donated some money to charity, balanced my checkbook, and did my taxes.

Not my CAH

Still not my CAH



by Brian P. McCarthy







The Vegan 
Family Cookbook
by Brian P. McCarthy




1 comment: